What do you make for dinner when you look in your refrigerator and all you see is tofu and frozen vegetables?
Well it might not seem like much but you actually have quite a number of options for dinner. There are many things you can do with tofu alone but today let us try a Tofu Vegetable Stir Fry.
It is easy, it is quick and it is delicious so grab you block of tofu and your bag of frozen vegetables and lets go.
Let me add that fresh, chopped vegetables (whatever is available) works just fine for this recipe but if you are feeling a bit lazy, the frozen vegetables are the way to go.
What would I do without my trusty bag of frozen veggies?
1 block firm tofu
2 cups frozen vegetables
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp ginger powder
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp Mrs. Dash (whichever blend you have on hand)
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp olive oil
t tbsp cornstarch
salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse tofu and blot out excess liquid with paper towel
- Dice tofu in approximately 1 inch cubes
- Blot cubes again with paper towel
- In a small bowl mix together the soy sauce, ginger powder, brown sugar, Mrs. Dash, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Pour this mixture over the tofu and completely coat the cubes.
- Leave this to marinate for about 15 – 30 minutes
- Lightly stir fry your vegetables in 1 tbsp of olive oil and set aside.
- Fry the tofu in 1 tbsp of olive oil until slightly brown
- Place the vegetables back on the burner and add the tofu.
- Stir fry together for about 3 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch in about 1/4 cup of water and pour over the stir fry.
- Continue stir frying for another minute.
You are done.
Serve over steamed brown rice and enjoy.
That was one quick meal, wasn’t it?
Let me know how this turned out for you or feel free to share your version of Tofu Vegetable Stir Fry.
Drop me a line in the comments section below.