Do you want to make your own delicious, wholesome bread for you and your entire family to enjoy?
The Sunbeam Bread Machine makes bread baking effortless and enjoyable. You don’t have to be experienced in the kitchen to bake your bread. Even the “kitchen clueless” husband or wife can produce delicious, healthy bread.
You no longer have to undertake the tiresome task of kneading and kneading, waiting on the dough to rise, punching it down viciously, more kneading and more rising which is the case in traditional bread baking (obviously I am not too versed with that method). Now all you have to do is add your ingredients, turn on the machine to the setting you desire, find your favourite seat or hammock, put up your feet and enjoy a good book or movie until the beep of the machine and the delicious aroma of freshly baked bread coming from your kitchen, lets you know that your hard work of baking is over.
The Sunbeam Breadmaker can bake almost any type of bread. It has 12 settings which allow you to do this and these settings include basic bread, french, whole wheat, quick breads, sweet breads, dough, and even cake.
It has an easy-to- read LCD digital display and a large viewing window which allows you to monitor the progress of your baking.
With the quick press of a button you can choose between a two pound loaf and a one and a half pound loaf.
There are three adjustable crust settings which will allow you to choose how light or dark to make the crust of the bread. By pressing the Color button, you can change the settings from light to medium to dark.
One of the great features with the Sunbeam Bread Maker machine is the 13-hour programmable delay bake for convenient baking time. This means you can put all the ingredients in the machine, programme what time you want it to start and go to your bed. You will wake up to the delicious aroma of freshly baked or baking bread.
There is a non-stick removable bread pan inside the unit along with a kneading blade. This is where the actual mixing and baking takes place.
A great addition to your kitchen
As we mentioned earlier, the Sunbeam Bread Machine bakes a variety of bread, some of the most popular ones being the basic white bread, whole wheat bread, french and sweet breads. You can also use the machine to prepare dough for things like rolls and pizza. My favourite is cinnamon roll. I make the dough in the bread machine but finish the cinnamon roll and bake it in a traditional oven. I must admit that they don’t stay very long after coming out of the oven. Especially if my husband is around.
Typically, your regular bread will take approximately three and a half hours to bake but there is also an ExpressBake setting which will allow you to bake you bread in under an hour. The difference though is that the ExpressBake breads tend to have a darker, thicker crust than other kinds of bread. The loaves also tend to be shorter and denser than those baked on the regular settings.
It can be quite exciting watching you bread being made through the large viewing window at the top of the machine. You can see the dough mixing and rolling about the pan as it is being kneaded. It is also quite interesting to watching the dough literally growing before your eyes as it rises.
How does it work?
The is the general process involved when you are baking a loaf of bread.
- After all the ingredients are added and the machine is started, the dough is kneaded for the first time for about 10 minutes.
- The kneading stops for approximately 20 minutes and during this time the dough begins to rise.
- The dough is kneaded for the second time for a duration of about 15 minutes
- Kneading stops and the dough continues to rise for another 20 minutes.
- The dough is punched down for 30 seconds and then rises for the final time for about 55 minutes
- The bread begins to bake and bake for about 50 minutes
- Bread is finished and ready to come out of the machine.
If you think this bread machine is only used for making bread, then you have a surprise coming. The Sunbeam Bread Machine can make jam as well. Isn’t that fantastic. Just imagine delicious jams made from fresh fruits and freshly baked, wholesome bread from one machine.
Directions for use
Baking bread in your Sunbeam Breadmaker is so easy.
Firstly, make sure you have your recipe. However, you will soon be so versed in bread making that you will no longer need to use a recipe.
Next, ensure that you have the necessary measuring tools; liquid measuring cup, dry measuring cup, liquid measuring spoons, dry measuring spoons.
Now you are ready to begin.
- Measure out all the ingredients
- Attach the kneading blade in the bread pan
- Place all the ingredients into the bread pan in the following order; liquid (water, oil etc.), dry (sugar, salt, flour)
- Use your finger to make an indentation in the top of the flour.
- Add the yeast to the indentation, making sure it does not come in contact with the liquid.
- Carefully place the pan into the bread maker and turn to lock in place
- Close the lid.
- Plug the cord into the outlet
- Press the Menu button until the desired program is selected
- Press the Color button to get your desired crust colour
- Press the loaf button to select the desired size
- Press the start button
And you are on your way. Time now to go grab that favourite book.
The machine will beep six times when the baking cycle is finished.
- Plug out the bread machine
- Open the lid carefully. It is very hot at this time.
- Use oven mitts or pot holders to hold the handle of the baking pan.
- Twist with the handle to release the pan and pull straight up out of the machine
- Turn the bread pan upside down on a clean surface and gently shake the bread out of the pan.
- If the paddle came out with the bread, remove it at this time
- Place the bread on a cooling rack and cool for about 20 minutes before slicing (if you can wait that long)
What’s great about Sunbeam
- It’s very affordable. No need to break the bank on this one.
- Very easy to use
- It’s large viewing window on top allows you see all that is going on while your bread is being made without having to open the lid.
- The baking pan turns and looks into place when you put it in the machine. This ensures that you have seated the pan properly before starting the machine.
- Bread pan and kneading paddle are non-stick which makes for very easy cleaning.
What’s not so great
- The digital display is hard to see if you are not in a well lit area.
- The machine is a bit on the large side when compared to others like the Oster so it takes up more space on the kitchen counter.
- It is also on the heavy, weighing approximately 18 pounds compared to Osters 8 pounds.
- It doesn’t come with a tool to remove the paddle if its stuck in the bread.
- Sometimes dough stuck on the spindle is hard to remove.
- It’s only programmed for two loaf sizes; 1.5 pound and 2 pound
- The shape is kind of weird; not the rectangular shape you are used to.
Benefit of getting yours
The problem with a lot of the bread that you purchase at the supermarket is that there are lots of additives and preservatives that are not altogether healthy. Also, the flour is usually refined and not as nutritious as whole grain flour.
When you make your own bread with your own Sunbeam machine, you get to decide exactly what goes into it.
Not only will you have healthier, more nutritious bread, but the variety is so good. Do you want to add raisins to your loaf? Go ahead. Do you want to add flax seed and sesame seeds? Go ahead. What about a pumpkin bread or a potato bread? Go ahead. There are so many choices. Experiment, have fun and enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate I may earn commission from qualifying purchases.
What it comes with
The Sunbeam BreadMaker comes with a 1 cup measuring cup and a two-sided (1tsp and 1tbsp) measuring spoon.
It also comes with a user manual which, apart from just instructions and troubleshooting information, has several recipes for many different types of breads. There are also recipes for jams, glazes, butter and spreads to go with your delicious bread.
Enjoy healthy, delicious, home-baked bread today, with the Sunbeam Breadmaker.
Do you have a favourite bread maker? Tell us about it in the comments section below.