If you want to revolutionize the way you cook, and be able to prepare healthy meals in a fraction of the time you normally would take, the Instant Pot Duo Plus 9 in 1 is an appliance that really needs to be sitting on your kitchen counter top.
Planning healthy, wholesome, tasty meals for your family every day can become quite challenging. You probable find yourself spending hours in the kitchen. If your meals include lots of gains and legumes you might find the cooking process even more time-consuming especially if you like to cook your peas and beans from scratch.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could spend just half the time in the kitchen but still be able to produce delicious, healthy meals? Well that is now possible with Instant Pot.
As an Amazon Associate I may earn commission from qualifying purchases.
Even if you don’t really like cooking……. or don’t cook because you never have the time, this pot could be a life changer for you.
What is Instant Pot
Instant Pot is a revolutionary invention that allows you to accomplish multiple functions in the kitchen with only one appliance. The one pot can be used as a pressure cooker, a slow cooker, a rice cooker, a steamer, saute, warmer, egg cooker, yogurt maker and sterilizer.
Can you imagine that? Just think of all the space on your kitchen counter or in your cupboards if you replace all those other appliances with only one Instant Pot.
Not only does it replace appliances and allows for more space; it also shortens you cooking time considerably.
Let’s talk some more about this pot.
Instant Pot DUO Plus 60, 6 Qt 9-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and Sterilizer
As you can see in this description, the Instant Pot Duo Plus replaces 9 common kitchen appliances.
It is very modern looking as the exterior is brushed stainless steel. It will also stay clean looking as the finish is finger print resistant.
It has a lid holder and it doesn’t matter if you are right or left-handed because it is made to accommodate both.
The cooking pot is made of stainless steel. Not just any stainless steel but healthy food grade, so there are no chemical coatings to deal with.
The inner pot has markings at 1/2 and 2/3 for pressure-cooking safety so you can relax and not have to worry about having overfilled or underfilled the pot.
If you don’t like washing up you should be happy to know that the cooking pot, lid and steam rack are dishwasher safe.
The pot comes with Dual Pressure Settings even though for most recipes that you make you will actually use the high setting. Some persons I guess won’t mind having the option as eggs and some vegetables come out best using the low pressure.
Bottomline though is that the pot allows for fast and flexible cooking. Cooking with high pressure reduces cooking time by up to 70% and cooking with low pressure avoids overcooking delicate foods.
No shortcut on safety
The Instant Pot has been carefully designed to eliminate many common errors which may cause harm.
They have paid attention to, and included things like Steam Release, Anti-Block Shield, Safety Lid Lock, Lid Position Detection, Automatic Temperature Control, Overheat (Burn) Protection, Automatic Pressure Control , Electrical Fuse, Thermal Fuse, Leaky Lid Detection.
This is all in an effort to keep you safe when you are using the pot.
Pot Size is 6 Quarts with a heating element power of 1000W, LCD display and voltage of 120V -60 Hz.
If your power supply is not 120V 60Hz, you will very likely have to get and adapter before you can use the Instant Pot.
The weight is only 11.83 lb. That’s not too heavy, is it? You can easily move it from one place to the next.
How does it work?
It’s a lot of technical stuff.
Instant Pot® Duo Plus is developed with the latest 3rd generation technology with an embedded microprocessor. During the cooking process, the microprocessor monitors the pressure and temperature, keeps time, and adjusts heating intensity and duration. Even the volume of food is taken into consideration.
Highly Energy efficient, this kitchen friendly cooker emits no steam when cooking, contains all smells and automates your cooking.
………..See what I mean. Technical stuff.
But isn’t it good to know that since the cooker emits no steam you don’t have to contend with that continuous hissing sound that other pressure cookers make while they are being used?
Instant Pot Pros
There are so many pros to this pot.
- I like the large blue, user-friendly LCD display on the front that allows you to easily see what is displayed such as the time and the status icons (Heat – Indicates heating or cooking are in progress, Pressure Cook – Indicates pressure-cook program selected, Keep Warm – Indicates if it is on/off, and Sound – indicates if it is on/off).
- Many button options to guide you in your cooking whether it is bean stew, grains, rice, egg, soup, porridge…..and the list goes on. (You can even use Instant Pot to sterilize your jars before you fill them with the lovely food you have prepared in the same pot.)
- It looks very nice and modern on your counter as the stainless steel gives it a state-of-the-art look.
- Easy to operate and if you make a mistake with your settings you can easily adjust it even if the cooking process has started.
- Cooks meal in a short time. Cooking times 2 to 6 times faster that conventional cooking times
- Automatic keep warm function. So many times after you cook your meal it gets cold before you have a chance to eat. After the cooking is complete the Instant Pot automatically goes into the warm mode which will keep your food nice and warm until you are ready to eat.
- Then there is the delay start timer which will allow the pot to start the cooking process at a time determined by you. If you are going to be away from home for a while, you can set the pot to start cooking at a time when you are close to returning home. By the time you get home, your meal will be cooked and ready to eat.
- When you are cooking now you have to remember to turn off the stove or you will end up with a mini disaster. With the Instant Pot you can put your ingredients in, close the lid, push a button and walk away. How convenient is that?
3. Other Pros
- – Designed to protect the user from harm
- – Dishwasher safe
- – Oven safe
- Doesn’t have non-stick coating like some other brands, making it safer
- Quiet – Unlike pressure cookers of old, once pressure is reached, the cooking is silent.
- Persons have been known to lose weight just by being able to prepare healthy meals in their Instant Pot
- Someone with really limited kitchen space (or no kitchen) can still produce a delicious feast with this one appliance.
- If your stove is down you can still prepare all your meals.
- You can take it to work. Why not? Throw in your ingredients, select your settings, go back to your desk and have a very productive morning. Lunch will be waiting for you. Your boss will probably summon you to his office……..but don’t worry. He just wants to ask for some of your lunch.
Instant Pot Cons
There are a few complaints with this pot.
- The main one is that it takes long to heat up.
- Not only the building up of pressure but also the release of pressure takes longer than desired.
- Some of the function buttons do not give the most acceptable results such as the saute function. It might serve you better to use the manual buttons and set your required times.
- Instructions that come with the pot are not clear.
What you get with your Instant Pot
Accessories include – steam rack with handles, recipe booklet, instruction booklet, serving spoon, soup spoon, and measuring cup.
Your health is important. We live in such a fast paced world nowadays that it is difficult to enjoy healthy meals. Because of hectic schedules we don’t have time to cook and we fall prey to the temptation of fast foods or other unhealthy choices.
The Instant Pot is here to turn all this around for you. Because cooking will take such a short time and because of the numerous functions on this one appliance, you will be able to whip up fantastic meals for yourself and your family. That’s right. Cook healthy and cook fast.
The pot actually comes in other sizes so if you have a large family (6 or more persons) you may consider getting the 8 quart model instead.
Get your Instant Pot and see the transformation that will take place in your kitchen and in your health.